Rugs are generally used for diverse purposes that include insulation of the feet from a cold floor. They enable making a room feel homely and warm and offers the feeling of having a place to relax on the floor. It also reduces sound and adds a form of colored decoration to a plain-looking room. It is possible for rugs to be dyed using any color by the use of diversely dyed fibers, or even your custom sizes.
What do you mean by traditional silk rugs?
When we say Traditional silk rugs these are usually hand-knotted weaving patterns used in manufacturing and are being weaved by skilled craftsmen. These are made in different qualities, and thickness depending upon what the clients are looking for. A traditional rug has an increased thickness making it have an ability to trap more heat. The price tag of traditional silk rugs is high since they are manufactured using costly raw materials and are produced by the use of highly skilled weavers, by hand. However, when the weaving is done in lower knots it suits even a medium budget. But most of the traditional silk rugs are thin, as these are weaved in high knots that are dense.
The robustness of traditional silk rugs varies based on the weaving method, more higher the knots more time taking. Traditional rugs have low pile in higher knots and are thick in lower knots, which implies that such traditional silk rugs are heavier and much more thicker when the quality is low up to medium. These kinds of rugs are more luxurious and high class. As these types are mostly weaved in hand-knotted pattern, these have higher strength and more long-lasting than other types of hand-woven or hand-tufted rugs. To fit the low budget we have transformed the weaving pattern with a similar look in hand-tufted weave too, where you can have similar look and just half of the price than these hand-knotted rugs. Silk in these cases are mostly faux or say artificial, but when you look for high-class traditional silk rugs these have real silk being used, to give you value for the money you spend and have high-class luxurious look and feel.
Cleaning of traditional silk rugs:
Since silk is known for its ability to be able to refract light, traditional silk rugs can find great use. It is required to keep the following points in mind when taking care of these rugs. Please check one corner before you apply anything on rug. Its always better and advisable to contact professional cleaners for such high class and expensive rugs. These points are for reference and guidance which may be cross-checked with the cleaning professionals.
- Since silk could be damaged by abrasive cleanings agents, steam or hot water, it is recommended to have such silk rugs cleaned professionally.
- It is necessary to regularly have silk rugs vacuum cleaned. It is recommended to use a brushless suction head for this purpose. It is advised to use a broom to sweep silk rugs.
- It is advisable to remove the dust and dirt from the rug by gently shaking it off externally.
- It is possible to remove any solid spills by gently scooping out the spills by using a spoon. Don’t scrub.
- It is possible to remove any liquid spills by using a clean white cloth. The cloth can be gently pressed over the spilt areas to attain cleanliness.
- In the case of color stains, it is advisable to use club soda. The soda can be poured onto a clean cloth and rub that cloth gently over the stain. If there is any surplus soda, it can be removed using a dry cloth. Let the area dry naturally without applying any form of heat.
- It is better to avoid any form of commercially available cleaning agent since using that may result in permanent discoloration of the silk rug.
- Bad odor from silk rugs can be removed using baking soda.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or you can even whats ap us at +91-9839141651